![]() |
| Breakfast time for the M girls in the apartment. |
Mirembrema
(good evening) everyone,
Today was another busy day! Mr. and Mrs. M left for the orphanage around 8:45 this morning, and Hannah and Essie were up by 9. I made them some eggs and toast, and then went to get Elle up. We were out of butter, so I had nothing to make Elle's eggs with! So everyone got dressed, brushed their teeth, and got their coats and boots on. And then we were off!
Today was another busy day! Mr. and Mrs. M left for the orphanage around 8:45 this morning, and Hannah and Essie were up by 9. I made them some eggs and toast, and then went to get Elle up. We were out of butter, so I had nothing to make Elle's eggs with! So everyone got dressed, brushed their teeth, and got their coats and boots on. And then we were off!
Mrs. M had
given me some money for bread and butter, and said that when the girls got up I
could take them down stairs to buy some.
The lady who runs the shop is super nice and loves the girls! She
only speaks Albanian, so I was a little worried that I might not be able to get
what I needed, but it ended up working really well!
We all
walked up and said ‘Miremenjes’ (good morning!) I pointed to the butter, she
pointed, and asked me a question. I said "Po" (yes) and she handed it to
me. ‘Falemenderit’ (thank you) and then she asked me a question. Soon I
was able to figure out that she was wondering if the girls were sisters.
"Po!" Then she was trying to figure out if I was their sister
as well, but I didn't know the word for friend. Everyone said
"Mirupafshim" (good bye) as we walked out and back up to our room!
It was exciting and good to get the girls out and moving!
We made Elle some breakfast and talked about some Albanian words we are learning. We played some puzzles, read some books, and cleaned the apartment up a little!
The kids are doing well overall. One is still really struggling and having a hard time adjusting, but, I think in a week or two she will be doing much better.
Mr. and Mrs. M went shopping and came home with some salami (which was more like sausage) and cheese for lunch. After lunch I did some studying and the girls had some quiet time. Then around 3, we were off to the orphanage!
We arrived and took baby M into a playroom. Soon the one of the caregivers brought in two little girls to play with baby M and the M girls. One was 16 months and the other 14 months. Both of them were very sweet and it was hard to say good bye to them at the end of our time.
We made Elle some breakfast and talked about some Albanian words we are learning. We played some puzzles, read some books, and cleaned the apartment up a little!
The kids are doing well overall. One is still really struggling and having a hard time adjusting, but, I think in a week or two she will be doing much better.
Mr. and Mrs. M went shopping and came home with some salami (which was more like sausage) and cheese for lunch. After lunch I did some studying and the girls had some quiet time. Then around 3, we were off to the orphanage!
We arrived and took baby M into a playroom. Soon the one of the caregivers brought in two little girls to play with baby M and the M girls. One was 16 months and the other 14 months. Both of them were very sweet and it was hard to say good bye to them at the end of our time.
![]() | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Kaleo at the orphanage. Sorry for erasing the sweet baby's face. | We are not allowed to show the children. |
When our
time was up, Mrs. M and I walked the two little girls back to their room and I
sat down on the floor with one of them. Mrs. M left to get baby M.
A little 7
month old in that room also has Down Syndrome. Oh, he too is very precious
(okay, I'll admit, they all are!) Suddenly, I heard the door close. The
caregiver had left and shut the door behind her.
I was left
with 3 babies, sitting in walkers, all lined up starring and smiling at me. Two
more babies were on the floor (one was yanking the others ear. Another little
girl was in a high chair, and two more babies in pack ‘n plays! I just looked around at all these little
ones who had no families! It made me want to cry.
After the
caregiver returned, one baby started crying when I stood up to go. The
caregiver took him out of his walker and handed him to me!!! It wasn't until then did I notice one of
his legs was deformed and one was completely missing!!! Yet, his little
smile could melt the coldest of hearts, I am sure! He just stared up at me with
giant eyes and gave me the sweetest smile! So just to let you know, that is at
least 8 babies I would like to bring home with me. Thankfully, one already has
a home in America. We are so happy
for her!
We will see what tomorrow is like. I was very much in my own little world on our way to dinner, with thoughts about these children. Thankfully they are well loved and taken care of. They are all clean and love their caregivers!
Tonight we ate dinner in a castle. It is huge and has a several restaurants inside. The kids would love it! Mr. M ordered in Albanian and did a really good job, but I think the waiter was slightly amused. :)
We came home and got the girls ready for bed and did some bible time. We are getting on a good routine, and I am doing well! It feels like we have been here for so long, and then I realize it hasn't even been a week! I am starting to naturally greet and thank people in Albanian.
We walk EVERYWHERE!!! Which is really good, but my knees are not liking it! It will take some adjusting, but it is fun. One of the girls was complaining about having to walk everywhere and how in America we can just hop in a car. I was explaining to her that if we didn't get to walk we would miss so many of the little things! The smells, people, and sights! There is so much to see that if we were driving we would miss so many things! One thing I noticed is that the sidewalks all have different patterns. I will have to take some pictures to show you guys!
We will see what tomorrow is like. I was very much in my own little world on our way to dinner, with thoughts about these children. Thankfully they are well loved and taken care of. They are all clean and love their caregivers!
Tonight we ate dinner in a castle. It is huge and has a several restaurants inside. The kids would love it! Mr. M ordered in Albanian and did a really good job, but I think the waiter was slightly amused. :)
We came home and got the girls ready for bed and did some bible time. We are getting on a good routine, and I am doing well! It feels like we have been here for so long, and then I realize it hasn't even been a week! I am starting to naturally greet and thank people in Albanian.
We walk EVERYWHERE!!! Which is really good, but my knees are not liking it! It will take some adjusting, but it is fun. One of the girls was complaining about having to walk everywhere and how in America we can just hop in a car. I was explaining to her that if we didn't get to walk we would miss so many of the little things! The smells, people, and sights! There is so much to see that if we were driving we would miss so many things! One thing I noticed is that the sidewalks all have different patterns. I will have to take some pictures to show you guys!
It was a beautiful day today, the sun was shining and it wasn't
too cold! :)
Love you guys and hope to talk to you tonight!
Love, Kaleo:)
Love you guys and hope to talk to you tonight!
Love, Kaleo:)


No comments:
Post a Comment