![]() |
| Kapena (in red) playing kickball |
I remember back when we first started homeschooling. Our oldest was in 2nd grade. We had dear friends who were very influencial in our deciding to homeschool. They did not live nearby, though. I didn't have any family or any friends who were homeschooling. I wasn't part of a group or co-op. For several years, I did it on my own. My only 'fellowship or encouragement',' was from an online group. I laughed, cried, prayed for, and nodded my head at the screen with ladies whom I never met.
Finally, a friend introduced me to her homeschool group. And life was never the same.
![]() |
| Keoni was not excited about sharing his book with 2 girls! |
Our local Christian Homeschool organization is an umbrella under which are lots of small groups, each with its own personality. I have been in 3 different groups over the years and have loved them all. The first group I was in consisted of moms who mostly had children older than mine. I learned so much from these women. One of our group leaders, Janet, has seven children. We had three at the time. I can still hear her encouraging words, and they continue to speak to my heart today.
![]() |
| Boys lining up for face / arm painting |
The second group I was in consisted of mostly of moms who went to our same church at the time. They had children that were the same ages as our children. These women were prayer warriors! I am so grateful for that time with them. During each of my pregnancies, I had debilitating pelvic pain. I could hardly walk. Initially it started during the third trimester. By my third pregnancy, it came on in the first trimester! It was so bad, I asked my group to pray over me at the end of one of our meetings. The Lord healed me that night. I was stunned to walk to my car that night - pain free! Praise the Lord!
We are in a new group this year. I have come to know many of these gals through my women's bible study, and they are wonderful. It is a very enthusiastic and active group. On this day, our group hosted Park Day for all of the small groups. There were several activities, including a favorite - people bring items to give away at our Exchange. This can be clothing, school related items, toys, etc. We always find useful items - this day we found some math books we needed!
Our children are not in any organized team sports, so these gatherings are especially fun for them. The boys love all the pick up games with their buddies - football, baseball, ultimate frisbee....
![]() |
| The little ones enjoyed the parachute |
![]() |
| Kili (blue) Keoni (red) Kaleo, and Kawika (red) |
Being part of a homeschool group has been a blessing. Connecting with other homeschooling moms is so important! It is there moms find support, encouragement, prayer, and lots of help. These gals will pray for your family, lend you books, bring you meals, pick up your kids, and give you hugs. They will talk you down (from the ceiling) and lift you up, and remind you that you are 'enough.'









No comments:
Post a Comment